Auburn Beautification Commission
November 21, 2022 at Auburn Memorial City Hall
Present: Chuck Mason, Sue Secaur, Claire Lovell
Call to order at 5:01
- Bulb planting
- Next year, need more volunteers
- Chuck suggests Boy Scouts or Girl Scouts
- Claire’s planted a few daffodils around the Boyle center, and about 50 at the Barber Street playground (“Cottage Place”).
- We still have 250 large daffodils, 50 petite daffodils, and 10 snowdrops.
- Maybe near the State street welcome to auburn sign
- Sue will look near railroad crossings and the median near Herman school.
- Mill Street near the dam. Claire will look.
- Maybe next year we could work with Walt Aikman to plant bulbs with the trees
- At St. Francis playground, the brand new planted trees could each be ringed with daffodils. Sue and Claire will work on that on Underwood Street.
- Public Art
- Sue suggests a mural for the YMCA building on the Westlake side. However, it’s privately owned.
- Historical Markers
- The Seward House marker from 1956 will be $450.
- Chuck posted the three most recent renovated markers on Facebook.
- We’ll make a point of cleaning in the spring for National Marker Day, the last Friday of April.
- No meeting for December
- Next meeting is January 23rd at 5 pm